Friday, August 17, 2012

A Little Late Because I Am a Spaz :)

     Well I guess doing two postings in May was not what I was supposed to do, although it was very helpful! Sorry for misreading directions Dana, I guess I had a total "student" moment.
     Over the summer I absolutely dove into my May "To-Do" list. I worked diligently on my Google Site and am confident it will add greatly to my classroom this year as I expose my students and parents to it. The thing I have to love about tech is that I was able to share my site during the creative process with other people in my life. Asking friends and family for feedback was invaluable as they are "real world" viewers who could offer constructive criticism from a different lens. I was also thrilled that I was able to recover a lot from my website I left behind in DCounty. My Tech Teacher friend at my old school was able to export most of what I what I wanted. This showed me the power of asking for what you want! I could have done my normal thing and recreated it because I didn't want to bother him, but just by asking him to help out (which he was more than happy to do), he cranked it out in ten minutes! Another important learning lesson on this journey I have to reiterate with my students in the classroom.
     I also began creating project ideas for use this year in my classroom. I have to say it got me excited to start the year off with a bang. Not only do I get to introduce my students to new Google features, but I am also going to have some resources to help them become stronger researchers (which was a huge problem we faced last year). Just by digging around I came to find so many resources that will allow me to address this issue. I love that I am more savvy this year with my Netbooks and Google so that I can start the year off with many things I implemented throughout the year last year. It will be more linear and for an admitted perfectionist that will greatly help my sanity!
    Between my work over the summer and my work on August 9th, I truly feel like I am doing strong work that will make me a better educator. I am using this amazing tool to create more engagement and connection! Yeah 2012-2013 school year, here I come.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny,

    What an exciting post! It sounds like you did a great deal over the summer and it sure does show on your site!

    I hope your first two days went well and that you've got a great new group of students. Where do you think you'll begin with your technology integration instruction?

    Curious how things are going and wishing you well,

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete